1. How many Erasmus students does Hacettepe University receive per year?

Hacettepe University receives more than 120 incoming erasmus students per year from all over Europe. These students may choose to come to study in Hacettepe either for the Fall or Spring semester, or in some cases for a full Academic year (both semesters). 

2. I want to attend Hacettepe University as an Erasmus student. Whom should I write first? Which Office is responsible for the Erasmus Programme?

The European Union Office is responsible for the administration of the erasmus programme in Hacettepe University Hacettepe University only accepts online nomination/application as of October 2010. After having nominations from the universities, students receive their passwords to get into the online system to complete their applications.

European Union Office also sends copies of your approved documents to Registrars Office/related Institute to start paper work. Registrars Office prepares the official documents which are required by Police Department to get students’ residencial permits. Your identification cards are prepared by Registrars Office/Institute also.

The website of European Union Office of Hacettepe University : www.abofisi.hacettepe.edu.tr

The person responsible for incoming Erasmus students is Mrs.Tuba Yildirim

Tel.:(+90 312 2977167) Fax :(+90 312 2976379) E-mail address: tubayil@hacettepe.edu.tr

Full Address:Hacettepe University Faculty of Law Building floor -2 06800 Beytepe Ankara - Turkey
We strongly recommend to send your nomination e-mails to both Mrs Tuba Yildirim tubayil@hacettepe.edu.tr and www.abofisi.hacettepe.edu.tr 

3. What are the application deadlines?

For fall semester and full academic year: 15 May

For spring semester : 15 October

4. Where can I find more detailed information about the Erasmus program of Hacettepe University?

For more detailed information about the Erasmus Programme of Hacettepe you should visit the website of the European Union office of the University: http://www.abofisi.hacettepe.edu.tr/eng/

5. Does European Union Office organize an Orientaton Week for Incoming Erasmus Students?

Yes! In the beginning of every semester European Union Office organizes an Orientation Week in order to give the Erasmus students a chance to get to know each other. Although it is not obligatory to join the programme, we highly recommend students to attend the week.

 6. Does Hacettepe University organize trips for Erasmus students?

Yes! Every semester European Union Office organizes trips to several places like, Beypazarı, İzmir, Kapadokya, Konya, Safranbolu-İnkum-Amasra, Truva-Çanakkale, Olympos-Antalya.

7. Does Hacettepe University European Union Office have a mailing list for the incoming Erasmus students?

Yes! We use a Hacettepe communication-group mailing list to communicate with the Erasmus exchange Students.

8. Should I get a student visa before coming?

Once you have decided to study at Hacettepe University, you should contact the Turkish Embassy or the closest Turkish Consulate in your home country to determine the necessity for and the type of visa necessary for you to remain in Turkey for the duration of your study period. The application for the visa should be made well in advance so that your studies will not be delayed. You should also make sure that your passport’s expiration date is later than the period of time that you will be in Turkey.

9.How do I apply for a residence permit?

All students who are not Turkish citizens or residents are considered international students and need a residence permit. Within 30 days of your arrival in Turkey you will need to apply for a residence permit. This will allow you to travel in and out of Turkey without re-applying for a visa. In order to get a residence permit you have to apply to the Turkish Security Department. Necessary documents will be announced to you at the orientation week.

The EU Office will take the ERASMUS students to the Police Station to get their residence permission, however, this will be done only once and the students must remember that it will be hard for them to take their permits by themselves.

After applying, the residence permit takes about two weeks to process. The      authorities may keep your passport while processing. It will then be returned to you along with your residence permit. Take the permit with you if you leave the country because you will need it to re-enter.

10.Should I have an International Health Insurance before coming?

You should have an International Health Insurance (full coverage outpatient and inpatient health insurance which covers Turkey. Otherwise, your application for residential permit will be rejected by the police.

After your arrival,take your Insurance policy to following address to get the necessary signatures from Local Health Authority:

“SSK Ankara İl Müdürlüğü, Ulucanlar Eski Ankara Cezaevi yanı 2.kat”

Phone: 90 312 363 77 20     fax: 90 312 362 86 38

11. Where will I get my Identification card?

Undergraduate students should go to Registars’office for registration and to do other necessary paper work. (student number, identification card etc…)

Graduate students should go to related Enstitute instead of Registrars Office for registration and other paper work.

12. How can I reach European Union Office and my department?

The European Union Office arranges your welcome to Ankara if you arrive during weekdays (Monday through Friday) and working hours (8:30-17:30).

If you plan to come at weekend or wish to come by yourself please click on the link below:

Hacettepe University EU Office
This web site is prepared by the contribution of European Commission.